Friday, February 4, 2011

DAY #3



Site 1

See: I saw sereral trees like the one in the picture above. I also saw a seed/nut on the ground that most likely came from said tree.
Hear: I could hear the roar of the heater which heats our school and is located on the roof above the courtyard.
Feel: I felt the icy chill of the early febuary air blowing through the trees surrounding us. I also felt the stiff, strong tree roots under my sneakers. 



Site 2:

See: I saw a writhing worm in the muddy ground. Then i saw i fluffy gray duck feather in the grass.
Hear: I heard the distant whoosh of the cars speeding down the road passing us by. I heard the sounds of an airplane soaring through the sky.
Feel: I felt freezing wind gusts raising goose bumps on my arms. I felt the squish squash of the soft red mud under my boots as we walked.



Site 3:

See: I saw white fungi growing on a fallen tree which is show in the third picture. I saw little brown mushroom like fungi also growing on a fallen tree as seen in picture number one. I also saw a little stream with a tiny bug sitting in the water seen in picture two. Lastly i saw a woodpecker hole in a tree seen in the fourth picture.
Hear: I could still hear cars in the distance but the sound was fading rapidly. I heard the crunch of the fallen dead leaves under our shoes.  
Feel: I felt the uneven ground covered with old leaves and sticks fallen from the trees above. The cold wind continued to blow strongly.



Site 4:

See: I saw a tall cedar tree rising high from the ground pictured in the first image. I saw small, round, and blue seeds which fell from said tree featured in picture number two. Lastly, I saw an old post where the power line used to hang but is no longer in use; a newer post was put up not far from it.
Hear: I heard a bird calling out it sounded similar to a crow call. I heard the persistant wind that was still gusting through the trees in the wood.
Feel: I felt the numbing cold through my sweatshirt. Then I felt my boots sinking into the very muddy ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment